View Single Post
Old 29th August 2010, 03:20 PM   #6
Neo

Many thanks for the clarification, Mr. Maisey. As for now, I am more interested in recognizing an ORIGINAL keris from a fake one than in correctly putting a tangguh label on the keris. By original, I mean it may be a Budo, a sepuh, a nem, a kamardikan contemporary, or even an antique putran, but at least it's not a modern pretender made to fool collectors.

Prior to your answer, I had suspected that a sepuh keris is not supposed to have distinguishable slorok, no matter how subtle. So, based on this understanding, kerises that has Pajajaran features (high gandik, matching iron grains and pamor characteristics, among others), but then it after looking at the blade closely under strong lighting it has subtle different color tones indicating that it has a slorok, then that means the blade is either an antique retrofit (it was made in the past as a putran of an earlier style) or a modern pretender made from old material.

Perhaps I misinterpreted information from the following website: http://www.kerisdanuri.fotopic.net/c1655009.html

Many thanks for your answer.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote