Thread: Keris handle
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2021, 04:47 PM   #8
Mickey the Finn

Quote:
I find it amazing Mickey, that rather than learn how to remove those keris and tombak you own from their respective wrongko and tutup, you would rather just let them linger, stuck inside their cases. Are you not even interested in knowing what these blades look like? It is quite possible they are rusting away in there and sore in need of maintenance.
David, that's not what I said, and that's not what I meant. You need to pay attention to the words that I used, and to what I actually said, instead of a "loosy-goosy" extrapolation of what you think I meant by the words that I used. I get the impression that you're just shooting from the hip to try to add even a little bit of injury to insult by suggesting that I'm lazy, ignorant, and not genuinely interested in tosan aji because of my callous disregard for the care and maintenance of my collection. I'm not going to hold any of this against you, however. I'm not even going to take offense at your failure to apologize to me for your presumptuousness. Instead, I'm going to take it for granted that you'd just been dipping into the ouzo too deeply again, and when you were back in your right mind, you were so mortified by your own dreck that you hoped the entire episode would become nothing more than an embarrassing memory.

I'm glad you and I can have this kind of open and honest discussion, and point out the character flaws and shortcomings in each other's blind spots.

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Proverbs 27:17
Mickey the Finn is offline   Reply With Quote