View Single Post
Old 21st August 2005, 05:28 PM   #29
nechesh

Hi Purwacarita. I assure you, no offense was taken with your post on that other thread.
I'm still not quite sure i see why you consider this a feminine (yoni) power and not a masculine (linggam) one, unless you are referring to it's (perhaps) lesser known definition as "source". Linggam, on the other hand , literally means "mark" in Sanskrit, so it might be more appropriate in this case. What we see in this type of photography is a "mark" of the electromagnetic field, not the "source" itself. Ultimately "source" and 'mark" are all part of the same wholeness (Holiness) so it's all just semantics anyway.
To see if these photos are of any use to us in measuring aspects of the keris either physical or mystical i think it would be necessary to have complete access to a Coggins device (not just a walk-in at a psychic fair) to conduct a legitimate seires of tests. It would indeed be interesting to see if there were different responses to different pamor types, but first i think it would be necessary to conduct the same test photo on the same keris multiple times in a row to see if you get the same results. If each photo of the same keris is wildly different due to outside electromagnetic interference or whatever, then these experiment would be able to tell us very little about the nature of any particular keris. If you can repeat the experiment with the same results time and time again then it could be a useful tool for measuring SOMETHING about the nature of the keris. Then we get into the sticky part about how we interpret the data. What does a green aura MEAN as opposed to, say, a purple one. Do we base our interpretations on the pre-conceived notions of the fatally flawed New Age movement or do we seek our own scale. If one were to do this kind of study with a keris of very prominent provenence we might be able to start drawing conclusions from what we know as the factual history of the piece. Kudos to anyone who is willing to undertake this type of research on a serious scale. But from personal experience i would suggest that everyone's relationship with any particular keris is a personal one which can only be measured by you alone. I spent a whole lot of time in the 1980s investigating the powers of crystal energy. Now, let me just state that after all that i am a true believer in the power of certain crystals to transmit and transform energy (and therefore conciousness) in human beings. HOWEVER, there isn't a book on the subject that is worth more than fire fodder. Though our brains all have similar hard drives (similar, not the same ) we all use vastly different software. As such our response to various stimuli can be vastly different. Therefore, how each individual responds to any particular crystal (or keris) is bound to be different. So Coggins reveals a keris to have a blue-green aura. Now tell me what that means to YOU. Don't expect it to mean the same to ME. The best means for measuring energy in a keris are the simplest ones. Find a quiet spot. Breathe. Find your center. Meditate with the keris and open yourself up to feel it's energy. This is why you can bring a keris to two or three different dukkuns and get completely different answers about the nature of the blade (if they are the real deal and not just chalatans after your money. Keep an open mind, remain skeptical. It's a tough balance). They can only tell you what they feel through the filter of their own experience. What it all boils down to is DIY, do it yourself. If you really feel you are not able (everyone is though) then you might ask yourself why you what (or need) to know in the first place.
nechesh is offline   Reply With Quote