View Single Post
Old 31st January 2019, 08:54 PM   #7
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando
No affront Jim but, perhaps Wayne finds that his office walls are too few and to good to hang such a 'nice looking' dud. But take no wrong interpretation from my crude words . It is just that we all human dudes are susceptible to behave differently; i just become deeply frustrated when i am scammed. In my peculiar character, when i acquire something that ends up being a fake, i either return it (often a hard or unfeasible task), or offer it to some non-collector, after telling him such is a dud, or throw it in the garbage bag, which i did one ... or twice.

None taken and actually I agree somewhat, and when I have gotten 'royally fleeced'..I admit I did not take it calmly...….but after exhausting whatever resolution or remedy I tried unsuccessfully......it was time to just classify the matter into 'lesson learned' ( and I got the scars to prove it!).

I have known many guys who kept these 'misteakes' in a kind of 'hall of shame'. ...and as Wayne has generously offered...….as with this one, standing as a 'lesson learned' for others. Personally I have always believed that the knowledge and experiences shared here are to help those who are either in 'the game' or just beginning, and hopefully better their chances.
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote