View Single Post
Old 19th July 2007, 11:17 AM   #1
VVV

Default New Kris disk (CD) released by Karsten Sejr Jensen

Hi all,

I recieved this from Karsten Sejr Jensen regarding his new Keris CD that just has been released.

Michael

GOOD NEWS FOR ALL INTERESTED IN KRISSES, INDONESIAN CULTURE, HISTORY AND ART.

On 25 November 2005 the Indonesian kris was proclaimed as Masterpiece of Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity, by the Director-General of Unesco.
My Krisdisk (CD) is a tribute and dedication to this declaration, which finally places the Indonesian kris among the masterpieces of human heritage.
The kris is far more than a weapon. It is a cultural object which contains the whole Indonesian symbolic universe: The primitive belief in spirits, demons and ancestors, the shamanistic beliefs, Tantric mysticism, Buddhism, Sivaism and Islam, which the kris is able to embrace and transmit.
The Krisdisk is a collector´s guide to the history of the kris and the different kris types according to time and area.
It contains 456 pages with more than 250 pictures in colour and description of krisses from all over Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines and it gives the background, history, symbolism, nomenclature and crafting of the kris. It contains krisses from the old European collections as well as krisses from different museums and private collections.
It is an English supplement to my book, Karsten Sejr Jensen: Den Indonesiske Kris, et symbolladet våben. København 1998 (The Indonesian Kris, a weapon imbued with symbolism, Copenhagen 1998.)
Notice: It is a CD, PDF file. Size 650 MB. Each copy is numbered and signed by the author.
Copyright © Karsten Sejr Jensen. All rights reserved.
ISBN 978-87-991839-0-6.
Price : 350 Danish crowns (postage included)

How to order the Krisdisk:
1.Send your order to this e-mail adress: k.sejr@comxnet.dk
Write your name and adress in the mail.
2.Pay on this bank account:
IBAN: DK4320008971426021
SWIFT ADRESS: NDEADKKK
Notice: The bank charges are on you.
Remember to write your name on the bank transfer.
As soon as the payment is registered the Krisdisk will be sent to you.
Attached Images

VVV is offline   Reply With Quote