View Single Post
Old 30th September 2014, 03:05 PM   #7
Cavalco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchlock

original musket rest.
This important utensil and its earliest upcoming will be referred to below.

I'm waiting

Thanks to you for your great welcome. I've been reading - basically watching - the forum mainly because of your work.

I've been reading the entry on snap tinderlock http://vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15306. Did that type of mechanism wear a trigger?

In Barcelona in 1529 over eight thousand [8270] troops embarked to accompany the emperor on his trip to Italy. We know from René Quatrefages - "La revolución militar moderna. El crisol español" / Modern Military Revolution, the Spanish melting pot - that among the shooters had "escopeteros" and "arcabuceros" or arquebusiers. For example, the company of Diego de Andrade, 279 soldiers, had 81 arquebusiers and escopeteros 27. The arcabucero charged more than the "escopetero".
I've been intrigued for years - no kidding - about the difference between escopetas and arquebuses, and assumed that the difference was calibers, but I also thought that there might be differences in the mechanisms triggering or in the material they were made: brass or iron.
The word "escopeta" is used in Spain regularly since 1508 - was previously used "espingarda" - and it seems the term was adopted in Italy from the word "schiopetta" but involving the same weapon. But clearly were different weapons, for two categories of soldiers resulted.

I add an image to display further details and questions. The arquebus red circle, has no key. Is it fired with fuse?
In the tails of the arquebuses with red circle you can see a piece. In the arquebuses of the German soldiers not appear
Attached Images

Cavalco is offline   Reply With Quote