View Single Post
Old 19th August 2006, 07:04 AM   #21
A. G. Maisey

I`ve got a few Nikon F's. The one I mentioned is the first one I got, and it really has had a hiding. Had it serviced fairly regularly, and at the last service everything was still within tolerance. When I used to do hardcopy cats, I used this camera probably more than 50% of the time to take the pics, along with the macro lens of the same age. The most recent F I have, I bought only ten years ago---its an F something or other, but is still essentially the same camera as the original. Any decent pics that I`ve taken in Indonesia have been taken with the old Nikon.Got a couple of little point and push Nikons too, and they also take a pretty decent shot.
The new D70 does not begin to match the the old F's on quality. I really, really dislike this camera.About all I can say in its favour is that it appears to be better than just about all the other digicams I`ve handled.I`ll be amazed if its still producing pics in even ten years time, though.

Here`s a couple pics that were done with Old Reliable, and then put on to CD.

The relief is another one from Panataran, and the keris budha is a very early bronze one.
Attached Images

Last edited by A. G. Maisey; 19th August 2006 at 09:03 AM.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote