Thread: Sliding weights
View Single Post
Old 17th October 2005, 02:54 PM   #64
Jens Nordlunde

Hi Andrew,

I am not sure, as I seem vaguely to remember such a weapon. If I have seen one, it is very long ago, but from the description I think it must be a mace without a head, only with a rather long and slender haft with sliding weights. The weapon Sinclair describes is interesting, but if they made such a weapon, why not a mace with sliding weights?

The trip was terrific, we saw the reserves at V&A, but it is with time like with fire, it is a good servant but a brutal master. When we arrived we had hours ahead of us, but suddenly the time was running out fast. We did however see a lot of things, amongst other the Kitchener collection, which is fantastic. We met Robert Elgood and Jonathan Barrett, but again, the time – rather frustrating I must say. I hope to see them again next year when we go to England once more.

At the V&A I did notice something about some weapons from Kutch, and will write about it later.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention, how can a trip like that not be a success, when you have the best guide of all.

Best

Jens

Last edited by Jens Nordlunde; 17th October 2005 at 03:33 PM.
Jens Nordlunde is offline   Reply With Quote