View Single Post
Old 29th January 2017, 05:07 PM   #24
rickystl

Hi Richard.

Glad to hear the Torador is finally in your hands. It's a nice one.

STOCK: I have held two Toradors with that V shaped join in the fore stock. Yes, many seem to have been made this way. The join seemed to be about mid-way in the fore stock. One had a decorative, re-inforcing type band where the two stock pieces met, with two barrel bands around the barrel at that point. And the other specimen just had two barrel bands next to each other right where the two pieces of the stock met. I don't recall any evidence of glue. So I think the two pieces were held together as you mention above.
That said, as long as I was doing the other stock repairs, and I intended on shooting it, I would probably have that join glued together. It would add strength to the forearm wood. Would probably eliminate any future "wobble" in the forestock. Just my thoughts.

BARREL: That is really good news !!!!! That slightly narrow one inch area will mostly be filled with powder anyway. Should not be a problem loading and cleaning. But do double-check the breech plug area. But if it looks similar to the forge welded one originally on mine, you should be ok. Nice you don't have to go through all the "surgery" mine did. LOL

Now I won't feel like the only one shooting a Torador. LOL
Please keep us posted on your progress - with photos when possible - !! Great project. It does in fact seem that both our Toradors came from the same area. Very cool.

Rick
rickystl is offline   Reply With Quote