View Single Post
Old 16th December 2011, 02:10 AM   #13
Karttikeya

I try Pak Alan's recipe by mixing mineral oil with scented oil, the point is how to preserve the blade optimally, so no matter what oil we will use since it can give optimum blade preservation, even if you can afford good gun oil like Pak Alan mentioned, it will give far better protection for your blade, here I face difficulty to get gun oil, that's why I will follow Pak Alan recipe by using mineral oil as base oil, but again oil recipe is subjective for every person. Before I just use sandalwood oil only, no other oil as mixture, but only sandalwood oil can't give good protection, even in smallest degree, not more than fragnance.
I'd like to question Pak Alan about wrapping plastic sleeve, if there is wood or cellulose chips in the blade and I wrap the blade with plastic sleeve,will it generate new rust? What is the best step before I wrap the blade with plastic sleeve? Let's say my blades have already been coated with arsenic long time ago, currently I just need to oil regurly and now I want to use plastic sleeve, what should I do with my blade before wrapping with plastic sleeve?
Thanking you in advance..
Karttikeya is offline   Reply With Quote