View Single Post
Old 24th February 2005, 11:25 PM   #54
Mare Rosu
Deceased

Thumbs up New pictures of the magnetic field

JENS
Two pictures of the change in magnetic field on the Mysore dagger.
As you can tell the Iron powder is not showing the magnetic field as well as the first time we tested it. I had to use the side of the blade instead of the "T" back as I did in the first "test", to even get this amount to show.
The N, S, N, S change in the compass is still the same, and I cannot tell any change in that at all.
What is puzzling to me is that the needle on the compass does not turn in the same direction. It will go counterclockwise at first then go clockwise the next two times when going to the new poll positions.
The hilt is also solid and that is why it did not go point down and stab me in the leg
You are getting on to me for causing you to have sleepless nights, you should talk, with all the hard questions/information that you post, I have to stay up most of the my nights just to try and stay up with you

FEARN
Your mother's theory on how a blade can get magnetize is one that I would have never thought of. She has talents that are commendable. As the old saying (at least in the South it does) goes, Acorns do not fall to far from the tree.
So you must have the same inclinations/skills
Gene
Attached Images

Last edited by Mare Rosu; 24th February 2005 at 11:43 PM.
Mare Rosu is offline   Reply With Quote