View Single Post
Old 20th February 2005, 01:43 PM   #43
Mare Rosu
Deceased

Thumbs up Picture of Mysore dagger

JENS
This is a picture of the dagger.
RIVKIN Thanks for your comments on the picture.
I would like to tell all that would try and duplicate this, is this. Be ready for a lot of frustration! as I tried this well over a 50 times over a two weeks time period taking hours and hours of time. I gleefully jumped into this project and just dumped the Iron Powder over the covered blade, sorry it did not work at all for me. To make a long story Short, I had to make a box (patten applied for! )that would hold the dagger level and keep all wind currents away from the Iron powder (sneezing will do "wonders" to the effect, don't ask ) I had to just about place each Iron particle by hand on the paper, as the Iron powder would not form a pattern if to much was used in one place and it had to be even over all the blade. I also think that by leaving it undisturbed, with the Iron powder in place, for two days did allow the Iron powder to take a "set", that's my thinking anyway. It would be nice also if your Iron powder was not rusty as mine was, it sure is messy, and will cause you to sneeze (I said do not ask!). The Zinc coated Iron filings just did not work well for me as it was just to course however it did not cause a mess or make me sneeze.
Gene
Attached Images

Mare Rosu is offline   Reply With Quote