View Single Post
Old 8th July 2008, 07:21 PM   #30
Dajak

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX
I've noticed some "trend" here when sellers asking for offers are challenged to name their price. Well, sometimes we have an idea, an estimate, but just as at ALL major auctions - they never considered as "price" per se. The price is determined by how much someone is willing to pay! I have some fantastic swords I'd offer for sale, but I'd never list them at a fixed price. So... "... I do not see anything wrong with asking for offers. If someone is interested in an item (really wants it!), and knows enough about it in terms of comparative market value - one should be able to make an intelligent offer and to negotiate it. It is a seller's right afterall to sell anyway he/she prefers without justifying his/her selling preferences".

Alex do make a good point off it .

If I really want something I offer people money and ask them if they like it or I have to come with an better offer if I like it , and I really want it.

And to Maurice always nice to see you beside the food I will take you to the special museum next time that is the place where I did get my interest 36 years ago in collecting Indonesian stuff .
I like to hang around with an true collector like you .

Ben
Dajak is offline   Reply With Quote