View Single Post
Old 8th July 2008, 06:07 PM   #27
Lew
(deceased)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX
I've noticed some "trend" here when sellers asking for offers are challenged to name their price. Well, sometimes we have an idea, an estimate, but just as at ALL major auctions - they never considered as "price" per se. The price is determined by how much someone is willing to pay! I have some fantastic swords I'd offer for sale, but I'd never list them at a fixed price. So... "... I do not see anything wrong with asking for offers. If someone is interested in an item (really wants it!), and knows enough about it in terms of comparative market value - one should be able to make an intelligent offer and to negotiate it. It is a seller's right afterall to sell anyway he/she prefers without justifying his/her selling preferences".
Alex

The seller has the right if that person has their own website but this forum is not in that business and we are not an auction house. We are just a group that exchange ideas and information in an open and transparent way. Having blind bidding on an item to get the highest price for profit is not what this forum's mission was originally intended for. I really don't understand why a member who has a good grip on what the prices in todays market are can't post what he or she thinks is a solid price.

Lew
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote