View Single Post
Old 4th July 2008, 04:30 PM   #18
Bill M

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando
Hi Garrett
Your assuming that you don't espouse such methodology gives me space to also opine that, maybe some of these (dozen) reasons would not fall into the transparency (honesty?) chest.

Most eloquenly put!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando

........ posted price as an undoubtfull message that he assumedly doesn't want to sell it to such person ... or just say it directly, face to face (post wise).

Fernando
Could be the seller is lacking in cojones to let someone know he doesn't like them, but does not liking someone mean you don't like their money?

On the other hand,

As a buyer, I have one, and only one, dealer whom I told, (and this should be in private email, never a topic for open forum, that since I feel so shabbily treated by him for inflating the price -- $1100 to me and $750, to someone else), that I don't care if he has a solid gold jungayyan kris. I wouldn't buy it! I have no interest in supporting dealers who do this.

But this is a private matter between us and has nothing to do with any of the forum members, who currently post items now and then.

If dealers like him are naive enough to think this community is NOT a very small arena and their reputation as an honest dealer is NOT important, then they are quite foolish.

I apologize in advance if anyone feels slighted by my remarks. The dealer knows full well who he is -- I am only talking about one person.

However, it is my policy not to make offers. I buy if I see a stated price that is open to one and all and I am willing to pay that price.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote