View Single Post
Old 4th July 2008, 02:03 PM   #17
fernando
Lead Moderator European Armoury

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. McCormack

...Additionally, dealers quoting different prices for different people is a very common thing, although it's not a practice I espouse. It might be because they need the money, think you have more money than another guy, or just want more in return for dealing with a customer who is a huge pain in the ass. Or a dozen other reasons. ...
Hi Garrett
Your assuming that you don't espouse such methodology gives me space to also opine that, maybe some of these (dozen) reasons would not fall into the transparency (honesty?) chest.
The posting of a price shouldn't necessarily avoid an interested member to make a higher offer, if he considers the article has a higher value (at least for him) and he wants to make sure to get it before others, as also to make a lower offer, if in good faith he thinks the item is not so valuable. In the other hand, if the swapper/seller considers that a certain member who offers to buy the article is a pain in the ass (for him), he can either answer by deliberately inflate the (previously) posted price as an undoubtfull message that he assumedly doesn't want to sell it to such person ... or just say it directly, face to face (post wise).
However in my perspective, there is a great difference between the Forum swap section and a business speculation web site.
I would risk to bet that, such swap section wasn't implemented for the members to buy things with the basic intention to come in there to sell them with a speculated profit, nor with the intent to only sell things to the member with the nicest eyes.
... Just my humble opinion
Fernando
fernando is online now   Reply With Quote