View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2008, 06:11 PM   #9
CourseEight

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdavid
Bill and Lew,
I'm definitely with you on this one. I really dont like the trend towards not putting a price on items in the swap forum. It does open things up to less than desirable practices. There are other good reasons for showing prices, including assisting those of us less knowledgeable in the minefield. If someone wants to make an offer at a lesser price than that shown on the item or not be identified there is nothing stopping them sending a PM. I would much prefer to see swap offers or price only as the policy in this forum.
David
I agree with all of this, although I'm not sure we need to go as far as making it a rule. What if someone does a combined swap & cash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajak
People always wanna use sale price as an valeu to the item ,
so if they have something like it they say this is so much valeu because it is sold then for that price .

I don t like this way that is why I use offer when it do met my price it will be sold .
I am trying hard to understand the argument for not posting prices, but I don't understand why this is a cause for concern. People are bound try to justify the prices of the things they are selling, and if a knowledgable collector sells something similar to a knowledable collector at price X, this is a far more grounded justification than most others. If a person tries to pass off something dissimilar as similar to your item, it is still the buyer's responsibility to know the difference, and I don't really think this makes it harder for the buyer, since at least they are given a point of comparison.

Maybe someone should put up a poll, and see exactly how the forum members at large feel about "priceless" auctions? If enough members are opposed to them, and this is made public, I think most sellers will realize it is in their best interest to make their prices transparent.

--Radleigh
CourseEight is offline   Reply With Quote