View Single Post
Old 17th November 2005, 09:16 PM   #21
Antonio Cejunior

Default CLARIFICATION

FRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federico
Need some clarification here.

So only one thread in this forum should be active?
No, but I though it would be a good idea for the introductory process to concentrate all the information in one thread, so all contributors get information.
Then we can split in different topic threads such as Swords Final Selection once we have the submissions.
Another thread for Packing and Shipping and so forth. This will grow naturally.

Quote:
Do we have any idea yet who is contributing pieces, is it just myself, Rick, and Jose (battara)? Given the proposed deadline for submission is only a week away, so far these are the only people on this forum who have voiced here a willingness to contribute (I am unsure how much activity is occuring off this forum or before it was set up).
I will ask Rick and Mark to PM you the people who were contacted.
One week is not that short for submissions, if you consider that a picture as I posted above, will take less than a minute to take, after the set up.
People can send the picture with the identification and leave the measurements for later, for selection purposes, if that suits each contributor. We have to be flexible.

Quote:
The theme of what weapons of the Philippines from which representative areas will be decided by a committee composed of Jose, Anotonio, Rick, Mark, and Ian? Since I will not be part of this process, are you guys willing to share how you plan on dividing the Philippines? Which regions or what types of weapons will receive attention?
I'm writing to you at 4:50 AM my time because it is my available time. The names were suggested by me since I was aware you are busy but I would very much hope you would participate in the selection. Specially since you will be writting the article. The representative areas should be stated by you, gentlemen. I'm here to help with the organization skills I have from the Museum.

Quote:
I had hoped we could identify our needs in the display first, as it would be easier to photograph a few representative individual pieces (eg. if we only need bolo only photographing bolo instead of kris), rather than all 50 some pieces (the vast majority consisting of low quality pieces in various degrees of dis-repair) of my Philippine collection. But since the request has been to photograph my enitre collection, and since we are limited to around 35 pieces, I can do some quick group shots of the pieces that are complete enough (eg. not missing too many parts such as hilts and contain no ivory) that would be suitable for display, and once decided by the committee which pieces are suitable take the individual shots and measurements. Though I must warn the committee in advanced my collection is not very representative of the entire Philippines, nor does it contain very many "quality" pieces, I hope you will take this in mind when making your decision, and not let the slant of my collection influence what areas of the Philippines will be displayed.
I doubt very much at this stage that anyone can identify the needs. And please hear me: 35 pieces are a guideline for now. Let things unfold. You don't have to put in all your collection. My opinion is that you may want to photograph them all as a back up and just submit the ones you deem more representative and of higher quality. Then, when the panorama is in full view you can say, hey I can throw in this piece to fill in this area.
Hope this helps clarify.