Thread: Checking In
View Single Post
Old 16th November 2005, 07:38 PM   #8
Mark

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battara
I was one of the original contributors before things fell apart. I guess we are starting from scratch all over again.
Work is never entirely lost, Jose. Even if it seems to be thrown out, the experience makes the next round of planning easier.

I encourage you all to start raining on Antonio and me pictures of stuff that you would like to show to the world to teach them about this thing that you love. Or at the least start raining more questions. If there is any uncertainty out there, either in what is needed or how it will be done, bring it up (here, by PM, or by e-mail), as I am sure you are not alone. The sooner you all start piling the clay on the wheel, the sooner the pot will be finished.

Starting discussion on your individual ideas about content and structure in a more general sense even before the candidate pieces start accumulating will be invaluable. Throw out list of what you think needs to be represented or taught (Moro, Bontoc ... Luzan, Mindanao ... working, fighting,ceremonial ... kris, kampilan, mandau, head axes ... use, manufacture, materials, import, export ... whatever), or how the material might be broken down and organized. You are the ones with the knowledge and expertise, so don't be shy. If this is going to work you all need to jump right in (and on the other hand, also need to be open and tolerant of each other's views, suggestions and opinions).

Remember that this forum, and what you do and say amongst yourselves, is 100% confidential and known only to you the contributors, and to Antonio, Lee Jones, Andrew, Ian and myself (even the existance of the forum, and the fact of your respective involvements at this point). Nothing leaves the family, so please speak freely even if it is something off of the top of your head or a crazy idea. Heck, I suggested to Antonio about three days ago that the Section be expanded to cover Malaysia and Indonesia. Needless to say, the idea flew in much the same way that bricks don't (to paraphrase Douglass Adams).

Rock and Roll! Release the hounds! Once more into the breach! One, two! one, two! And through and through, the vorpal blade went snicker-snack!