View Single Post
Old 4th September 2005, 04:40 PM   #10
nechesh

TikiD, just what empu in particular are you considering taking such a blade to. I am afraid you better hurry up because their numbers are dwindling fast. Dukkuns or other psychics or spiritualist might lay claim to being able to sense these things in a keris, but like appraisers, some will sense a spirit, some will not, and many will do it in a way that only leaves your wallet all that much lighter. The bottom line is what do YOU or the owner of the keris feel. If you yourself cannot feel the spirit or energy, then what does it matter whether or not others can. Reality can sometimes be a very subjective thing.
I have a friend who has studied keris for a very long time know. While he has a keen understanding of these spiritual energies he has found himself immuned to their influences. As such people have brought him keris that where so "haunted" with "negative" energy that known psychics could not hold them without involuntarily flinging them against the wall. But these "bad" keris have no affect on him what-so-ever. So he has acquired some very nice keris because no one else seems to be able to handle them. They are not "bad" or "evil" or even "haunted" keris in HIS life. So i think the bottom line is what do YOU feel from any particular keris. Sit with the blade and meditate. Sleep with it under your pillow. Open youself up to what you call the "will" of the keris and you will understand what it means FOR YOU. No two people are exactly alike, nor will they have the exact same response to the same stimuli. The keris is a path you must seek out on your own. That isn't to say you shouldn't seek guidance, but no guide can tell you what only you yourself really feel. They can only cloud your judgement with their own impressions which may or MAY NOT apply to you. I'll say it once again. DIY. Do It Yourself.
nechesh is offline   Reply With Quote