Thread: Keris Coteng
View Single Post
Old 5th June 2015, 06:17 AM   #23
maxbliss888

Smile Keris

Hi David,

I am new to the hobby of vintage Keris and I was collecting mainly vintage watches before. I come across the Keris by chance and i find myself asking the question why I have no knowledge of the Keris around me even though I am an Asian living in Asia?

My plan originally is to only focus on Keris from Thailand (since I am currently working and staying in Thailand). Being able to move around the countries has allowed me the opportunities to explore the small regions and towns in search of these. As I am not familiar with the age of the Old vintage Keris, I will have to rely on a few Thai that I have known to help identify. As there are so many types of Keris from the region and the complexities, I though it will be a good idea just to focus on the Tajjong and Coteng...plus the fact that cash is limited and I cannot buy everything...

My journey of collecting Keris has been an interesting one especially the waiting period from seeing a photos of the Keris to touching the actual plus exploration of the country.

Even though these Thai Keris are from the Southern Thai, I have seen a few in the Northern Chiangmai region as well.

Thanks for the forum help in enlightening and knowledege sharing
maxbliss888 is offline   Reply With Quote