View Single Post
Old 27th June 2011, 06:49 PM   #16
sirek

Mr. Maisey, I respect your comments.

That’s exactly what I understand
As an example, knowledge to recognizing antiques also comes from experience, an antique dealer cannot judge based on an image as something is hand-carved or that the item is modern high pressure pressed.

You need to know how something was made in the past, so you can look for the characteristics of the handicraft. Exactly as you did when you forged your own Keris, such experiences will almost none of us ever experienced.

You must understand that often our only source of information is based on books. And as you indicated, you watch your books yourself rarely because the information often is incorrect.

Everyone who place a commented, experience the same problem give an opinion based on a photograph, but the important thing for me is that there are people from all over the world that share the same hobby and willing to help each other with their own experiences.
Therefore commend based on minimal information, such as only advice/guidance is valuable information is for me (and others I think) also because that person has taken the trouble to give his personal opinion/comment .

I hope I've expressed myself well because my native language is not English
sirek is offline   Reply With Quote