Thread: Moro helmet
View Single Post
Old 12th October 2014, 06:50 PM   #48
Spunjer

Quote:
Originally Posted by estcrh
Thanks Oliver, the images you and other forum members posted made me decide to finally put all of the images I have collected from this region in one place. I have done this with armor and weapons from other regions and it has proven to be a valuable research tool, having a pool of images to look at in one place allows you to see similarities and differences much easier.

Here is a very interesting armor and helmet. It is described as being from the Philippines. The armor is in the form of a cuirass, it and the helmet are made from from carabao horn (Philippine water buffalo). Both items appear to be European inspired. It is in the National Museum of Anthropology, Spain.

Possibly the predecessor of the later mail and plate armor and brass helmet or just another variation?
it appears that this particular style is indeed the predecessor of the mail and plate version. there's a similar one i've seen, but it was made out of carabao hide. is that yours? older still is the one on post #27, which is a facsimile of the old conquistador's cuirass.
Spunjer is offline   Reply With Quote