Thread: Moro helmet
View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2014, 08:56 AM   #44
estcrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Pinchot
Forum members, estchr has done us all a great service here in posting numerous images of Moro and Indonesian armor on Pinterest. Many of these appear to be unpublished. It seems he has also annotated the images for us; thank you, estchr! I'm sure all that work was quite time consuming.
Thanks Oliver, the images you and other forum members posted made me decide to finally put all of the images I have collected from this region in one place. I have done this with armor and weapons from other regions and it has proven to be a valuable research tool, having a pool of images to look at in one place allows you to see similarities and differences much easier.

Here is a very interesting armor and helmet. It is described as being from the Philippines. The armor is in the form of a cuirass, it and the helmet are made from from carabao horn (Philippine water buffalo). Both items appear to be European inspired. It is in the National Museum of Anthropology, Spain.

Possibly the predecessor of the later mail and plate armor and brass helmet or just another variation?
Attached Images

estcrh is offline   Reply With Quote