Thread: Strange piece
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2007, 05:44 PM   #6
fernando
Lead Moderator European Armoury

Thank you all Gentlemen.
I actually got this thing, to "create" myself the problem to find out what it is ... curiosity is one of my manias
It came for free, at buying an unvulgar Maynard pat. 1845 priming tape lockplate, for a Greene Carbine, made in 1856 for the British to fight the Crimeian war.
I had a hope it was relative to weaponry, with that stiletto shaft blade and the crossed sabres in the brand. Not necessarily victor-ian but some old, as not looking to have been made just the other day. The wrench version also came to mind, but wasn't totally convincing, as too small and rough to be such, if you think of welding or cutting nozzle spanners. The letter openner was also considered, but they wouldn't need to make it with a four sided profile, if that was their intention. Unless it was intended to resemble some kind of tool, like a rust ( or other ) scraper ... or a key to enter some orifice and turn something . I googled "victor" under oxi-acetylene, after your input. Plenty results, but not the old stuff, with something depicting their logo, to check on the crossed saber figure.
Thank you all,anyway.
I will keep looking, trying to find the exact thing ... the Internet is a fantastic resource.
fernando
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote