View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2019, 12:12 AM   #4
A. G. Maisey

No David, I did not see these.

I handled the Medici kerises in the Bargello in Florence, the older kerises in the State Museum storage facility in Dresden, the older kerises in the care of the State Museum in Copenhagen, the Kerises in the Oriental Museum in Venice, and the late Karsten Jensen's collection in Copenhagen.

I did photograph everything I handled, however, in all cases I was required to sign a Blood Oath that if I were to permit any other person, living or dead, to have copies of my photographs of these keris, I would immediately be tracked down and extradited for prosecution and probable execution by hanging, drawing and quartering.

These European Museums are very cooperative and extremely helpful and accommodating, but I was left with the impression that if one were to cross the line they will not hesitate to make you wish you had never been born.

At least one of these museums was treated in a highly illegal and in my opinion, shameful manner by a very well known keris person in the past, and this was the reason for at least one of the threats of Cruel & Unusual Punishment.

In respect of the keris under discussion in this thread, yes, condition is comparable with most of the older keris that I saw. As I have previously remarked, these +300 year old keris in most cases look as if they came off the bench yesterday.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote