View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:29 AM   #6
ferrylaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcokeris
Ferrylaki
I have one keris not so different from your. Also I have doubts about the age. The keris is rather heavy, naga has a little yakut inside the mouth, pamor is beras wutan, dress is Yogya ladrang (wood I don't know... but is not far from awar awar). IMO i find unusual that in the middle of this keris' blade there is steel ? (or iron?) similar to pamor sanak (?) .
I have no pics of this keris. But i'll try to do some pics next saturday with the light of the day
Marco,
the unusual material in the middle of the keris' blade, is it in the 4th picture?
I also wondering about this. as we can see there is a black iron/steel we usually see in the middle of a keris. but this keris has a little bit white colour on the tip of the centre iron/steel. from the colour I guess its not a pamor material. in the 3rd picture I can also see a similar material. on the WADIDANG section. it do not shows black iron colour as usual. but some sort of white coloured material like pasir malela but its not pamor sanak.

this keris is not heavy in weight. rather light in weight. The naga mouth is wide open and I can find one tiny teeth on each side of the mouth as a fang of the dragon. the other dhapur naga pictures I manage to find usually has something in their mouth. a naga with gold/stone/diamond in the mouth.
so I cant see the tiny teeth inside of the mouth.

Regards,
FERRYLAKI
ferrylaki is offline   Reply With Quote