View Single Post
Old 8th June 2023, 03:41 AM   #18
A. G. Maisey

I do not want to give an opinion on the pamor classification because the photos at the moment are not good enough, complete enough nor clear enough. If Detlef can produce a bit better pics when he has cleaned the blade up a bit I might float an opinion, I might not.

At the moment the pamor looks to me like a coarse wos wutah that has been cleared from the relieved areas of the blade, together with a number of swirls (puser) that have been inlet into holes drilled in the blade, the puser pamor patches running down the blade might be able to named as a Banyu Tetes variation.

It is nothing special, pretty simple and not hard to produce, but I think it might be pretty effective. I need better pics.

A lot of the esoteric stuff is either manufactured or misunderstood, I prefer to limit comment & discussion on that aspect to face to face discussion with people who have an adequate background.

Gavin, to "learn" the keris you need to study & preferably experience the society & culture, nobody can learn much by just trying to study the keris in isolation.
A. G. Maisey is online now   Reply With Quote