View Single Post
Old 29th January 2005, 03:36 PM   #9
Montino Bourbon

Dear friends; thank you all for your expertise; I am very amused to see so many different opinions!
I have noticed that in the last week there have been several keris on the forum that seem (I want to stress the word 'seem') to have been artificially aged; I believe that this keris putut kembar has not been artificially aged, because this blade is in reasonable condition and not pitted by acid or burying in the earth.
Also, I tend to trust the source of this keris, who is quite well known as an authority on keris. Some of the keris that he sells are very well fitted, with fancy scabbard and fittings, but this one he kept as he found, and sold the same way.
Last but not least, I have had this keris close to me and have slept with it, and have gotten a clear vibration of age and wisdom from it.
I realize that this is very subjective, but at a certain level I feel that since much has been said about the spiritual effects of keris, it is important to consider it.
Please don't take my comments wrong; I greatly respect the members of this forum and their opinions, and would love to hear more on this. If I am wrong on this, that's fine. I wish that I could make this keris available to hold in your hand, but as has been stated in another thread that is one of the difficulties of being able to only see photographs.
More comments please!
Montino Bourbon is offline   Reply With Quote