View Single Post
Old 12th May 2020, 10:01 AM   #25
Victrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M
I had planned to donate to a museum in the PI, but I was in contact with a putri in the government. But she suggested that if I did donate it to a museum, it would not wind up in a museum where people could enjoy it, but it would get into the wrong hands and it would be hidden in a private collection.

So I have a friend at the Smithsonian who has a very powerful vault for safekeeping, not even in my state. I had threats that it must be returned to the PI or I would be harmed.
One solution could be to sell the item to a private foundation in PI which agrees to keep it on public display for the benefit of society. Many years ago when I was visiting Manila I remember Ayala Museum in Makati, which is run by the private Ayala Foundation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayala_Museum. It showcases PI history and culture with several floors of well organized exhibits. I think the Ayala Museum might take good care of the item. Incidentally I also remember visiting the groundfloor restauarant for lunch and eating pork ceviche which was out of this world.
Victrix is offline   Reply With Quote