View Single Post
Old 8th October 2008, 09:27 PM   #6
Maurice

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVV
Maurice,

I just took out 2 pira - one with a very long protrusion and one more regular sized, like yours.
I didn't experience any problems with swinging them; neither broken, fluid or even twirling strikes?
Maybe because I am adapting unconsciously as I regulary train with a lot of different kind of weapons
And of course you should swing with your antique weapons too. As long as you don't make contact of course...

Michael

PS Unfortunately none of my pira are as exciting as yours. It looks like a very good, old style, version!
Hi Michael,

When I am focussed it is going allright indeed, but of the 10 times it sticks my arm 1 time. It should not happen that time in a fight though .

I am righthanded but we train right and left. When taking the pira in the right hand and I give a heavy blow, I have to slide the protrusion at the left of my arm. Than it is going allright. But when I give a stright blow it sometimes happens it stick my arm. Maybe do more training. :-)

Ofcourse I swing now and then with my antiques weapons, but I have some I don't dare to swing with, cause I am afraid the blade will shoot loose of the handle. I don't think my wife would like another scratch on our new floor.

Kind regards,
Maurice
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote