View Single Post
Old 28th August 2017, 08:50 PM   #48
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulino
Hi David,
I posted this blade as an example to illustrate that the gap between Bronze Age (Dongson) and Iron Age was not as absolute as one might think. The bronze blade I posted is there an example of. I refered here also to the earlier link that was about bronze keris.
Sorry Kulino, but i missed that reference in your post and you did not post a link to that discussion on bronze keris. I did after some searching find that thread where you originally posted that blade, but it seems it came right at the end of the thread and there was never any discussion on it AFAIK.
You wrote:
We also underlined the point your making too on the probable time gap between Dongson and this keris.) The issue of different time frames (bronze age and iron age) stays, although there are plenty of examples of blades that seem to break that rule.) This blade shown was posted before (string about bronze keris).
Are you suggesting that you believe this odd bronze blade was created in the gap between the bronze and iron ages because i really don't think this object is nearly that old? There is indeed a history of bronze keris, but these were made well into the iron age for (as i understand it) specific talismanic purposes and i cannot see how the existence of such weapons bears any relation or connection to Dongson era daggers.
David is offline   Reply With Quote