Thread: First Keris
View Single Post
Old 14th June 2007, 01:10 PM   #29
ganjawulung

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenangsangII
... Were Dara Petak and Tribuana Tunggadewi (not sure of the spelling) the same person? I used to watch vcd's version of Tutur Tinular whereby it was said that Jaya Negara's mother was Tribuana Tunggadewi (who eventually became Ratu Majapahit after the death of his son Jaya Negara).

BTW, have you tried to dress your sepokal blade with the matching hulu & sarung? Pics please....
Dear Penangsang,
Dara Petak was not the same person with Tribuana Tunggadewi. In Majapahit, based on interpretation of "Pararaton" text, Dara Petak was named as Indreswari. Beside Indreswari (Dara Petak), Raden Wijaya had two other wives from king Kertanegara's daughters (of Singasari). They were Gayatri and Tribuana or Tribuwanatunggadewi...

Indreswari was able to "compete" with the two other Kertanegara's princesses, and became the first lady of Majapahit at that time. But the internal conflict between royal family was still existing, just because the next throne (Jayanegara) was half "overseas blood".

Raden Wijaya or Kertarajasa Jayawardhana reigned 1294-1309. The "half melayu blood" Jayanegara reigned for 19 years from 1309-1328. But then, the throne went to Tribuwanatunggadewi (Jayawisnuwardhani) after 1328...

Rajasanegara or more popular as King Hayamwuruk, was the golden age of Majapahit Kingdom, reigned after Tribuwanatunggadewi (not mentioned the year) but until 1389...

That was history, according to Prof Dr Slamet Muljana -- based on the old texts of Kidung Wijayakrama, Pararaton and Negarakertagama. And also from some source (prasasti) and Chinese chronicle...

My sepokal? No, I am going to return it to my friend in East Java. He told me, that he got another Bugis blade, but I don't see it yet...

Ganjawulung
ganjawulung is offline   Reply With Quote