View Single Post
Old 21st March 2022, 02:23 PM   #22
Mickey the Finn

~cringe~ ~shudder~
Honestly, I really do not think so. Some things are simply not cricket, old boy; and some things are simply not done. Certain things are so far beyond the pale of decency that to even raise the question...

Quote:
I would never even consider applying the insult of resin dress to any keris.

But as long as nobody else ever saw it, as long as it was kept in a singep, in a locked drawer, in a locked cabinet, in a locked room, I guess it might provide a suitable storage facility.
It might do, hypothetically speaking, as a storage facility...of sorts...but there's still the matter of the indignity inflicted upon the keris...

I've read about fibreglass warangka a few years ago. I've seen photos of cardboard kotak. I also have a singep here beside me, made of some sort of synthetic fabric with a "pseudo-batik" pattern incorporating the logo of some football club with the initials "ACM", the red cross on a white field of England, and the year 1899... If anybody ever gussied me up in such a getup, even on a "casual Friday"...

Just because a thing exists, it doesn't mean it ought to, nor that it's appropriate to use said thing for the purpose it's artificer intended.

M. t. F.

Last edited by Mickey the Finn; 21st March 2022 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Attempted improvement of syntax.
Mickey the Finn is offline   Reply With Quote