View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2019, 06:30 PM   #6
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony G.
The hulu cannot be push down further, it has reaches the top. I guess I will source a new Hulu to replace the existing piece. The blade is awesome, smooth and strong. Simply loving it.
Anthony. That probably won't be necessary, unless this keris has an extra long pesi for some reason. The pesi hole may have some material jammed up inside it. I would remove the hilt and take a screw driver or something hard and metal that you can get on up there with and see if you cannot open up some more space inside. If not you could carefully drill the hole a little deeper. After all, it looks like we are only talking about a quarter to a half inch at most. It's a fair looking cekah solas hilt and i see no reason to change it if you don't have to or really want to.
The sheath is indeed nothing to write home about, though you did choose to show us the back side of it rather than the front. I would be more inclined to change that rather than the hilt, though new sheaths are harder and more expensive to come by.

Last edited by David; 23rd March 2019 at 01:19 PM.
David is offline   Reply With Quote