View Single Post
Old 21st December 2014, 11:02 AM   #19
Henk

Gentlemen,

On the end of the thread, i finally see the right conclussions. Semar is a serious collector who really wants to do one thing. Showing pictures of the keris he has collected and hoping we all enjoy the beauty of the keris.
As we all have an opinion about the item we collected, we all hope the opinion is true. Sometimes given by the seller or people in the neighbourhood of the seller. And maybe in the case of Semar, living on Java, getting opinions of neighbours and friends when he shows his latest aquisition.

Semar and that is obvious, has had no education in English language. Most of the Dutch people have had education in English language for several years on high school. But we also have a lot of Dutch people who have had not that education.

When i read what Semar has written i can clearly see, he is Dutch. I'm Dutch and with my knowledge of the English language i can understand what Semar means. Those for who English is the native language i'm sure they will understand maybe with some puzzling what he wrote. For those who have not English and Dutch as their native language i can understand they probably have difficulties to understand what Semar is writing.

I'm truly convinced Semar is not advertising, his only purpose is to let us enjoy the keris he is showing us.

While i'm writing this down i think in the English language. I'm able to do so because of my education in and use of the english language. And i'm aware my English isn't perfect. Please, don't ask me to write something down in French or Spanish. I simply cann't.

And please, do understand that some expressions are not understandable for a not native speaker.
A troll is, as far as i know, an evil forest ghost. With this knowledge i think, but i'm not sure, i can imagine what you mean.
For us calling somebody a troll, is an insult. Nothing else. Come to visit our country and call us a troll. Please tell me how many friends you made, but i think i'd better ask how you're doing now you may leave the hospital.

No hard feelings gentlemen, no offense at all. I understand you probably mean it in another way. But those who have problems with the English language or don't speak English at all won't understand it.

It is said before, we have many cultures on the forum here and a misunderstanding appears very easily as we have seen several times before.

The language is English on this forum and we all try to express ourselves in this language. But please let us all understand, especially for us members who have not English as our native language, that some expressions in another language mean something completely different and are not ment as an insult.

I wish every member on this forum, and his or hers beloved ones, from what culture you are, Peace, A merry Christmas and for later a prosperous and healthy new year.
Henk is offline   Reply With Quote