View Single Post
Old 11th May 2023, 08:56 PM   #1
Maj-Biffy Snodgrass

Default Cambodian - Khmer Kokok - Mak

Picked up this small old Cambodian (Khmer) P'keak - kokok - ( western name mak) recently, not often seen today with the 2 iron ring and iron wedge arrangement to hold in the blade, it is small at just 22 inches with 7 ins actual exposed blade so I think likely for female use, came with the large old sword in the same old box that is made for the sword and is likely from the same region and date, or at least it appears they were collected together.
The P'keak - kokok as you can see appears to have a date or perhaps makers mark on it, I am thinking it is possibly but not certainly 1900 to 30 French colonial period when Angkor Wat was open to the grand tour period tourists, both certainly have good age, the blade of the P'keak - Kokok is much more elaborate than that of the sword which is obviously a working type made for chopping.
Anyone out there who can tell me what the mark is ?, date or maker ?, I would be interested to know, obviously could be a makers mark but I am hoping for a date. snody
Attached Images

Last edited by Maj-Biffy Snodgrass; 12th May 2023 at 12:54 PM. Reason: added size and correct name of weapon.
Maj-Biffy Snodgrass is offline   Reply With Quote