View Single Post
Old 9th December 2009, 02:02 AM   #16
KuKulzA28

Yes Migueldiaz, we're really really distant relatives, in a way. As for cementing our common cultural heritage.... I'd rather sell my laptop, cellphone, clothes, and be a little hungry than give you my laraw. It was hard enough to get, and it is a heritage thing too.

It is amazing isn't it? Our austronesian heritage traveled far and wide. My S.Chinese side traveled far and wide too! A big reason why there's chinatowns in almost every country!

As for blades...
Taiwanese aboriginal blades tend to have chisel grinds and open scabbards. The Amis and Paiwanese blades are straight. Many have open-socket handles. In Bhutan they have the same style straight blades and open scabbards. The Ifugao/Btonoc/etc. have Pinalug and Hinalung that have open socket handles and open scabbards. Talibon and garabs from Samar often have chisel grind /single bevel edges. Dayaks and Iban Mandaus and parangs are often single beveled as well, though with the concave/convex attribute.

Even some work blades from southern China and Japan have similar attributes as the Taiwanese aboriginal blades, though it may go the other way.

Very interesting.

EDIT: Yuanzhumin you can see the photos?

Last edited by KuKulzA28; 9th December 2009 at 03:19 AM.
KuKulzA28 is offline   Reply With Quote