View Single Post
Old 4th February 2024, 04:14 AM   #15
Gavin Nugent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp View Post
No need to be a defeatist as said it is complete legal to still have these kind of transactions.
Althoug some countries ( mostly in the anglosaxon world like to good ol' U S of A and Inglan) it is not easy ...
Even, sadly some overeager public servants do overreact, you do not take that for granted and still can import it.

If a police officer tells you to jump, you don't reply with "how high? " or do you....
Indeed they do reach beyond their scope at times.

I recently went through a seizure because of an overreacting overzealous official who had no concept of the laws they operate under nor any idea of customs exemptions for said items.

Still, there are even hoops to jump through when they get it wrong too. I may not have to ask how high, but I still need to jump.
I'm just grateful it's not my first rodeo and can bring to their attention the error of their ways... still, 4-5 weeks extra delay on already slow mail is hard to digest... meanwhile, illicit items enter borders every day while these distractions happen.

They just do their job, and all these discussions and comments by members ARE scanned and linked by AI, hence my previous comments that Ian seemed to disagree with, such discussions and notions like move them amongst yourselves are just painting targets on your backs, and are a disservice to the community

My best advise, seek proper approvals in writing where weapons and materials are concerned, and know the jurisdictions you operate in and through, both at a federal and state level. It alleviates a lot of issues and heart ache, and preserves the material culture, NOT see it destroyed through improper action.

So much can still be achieved through the right channels.