View Single Post
Old 8th September 2016, 06:17 PM   #20
estcrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathala
I don't know why the last comment was repeated, but yes guy I must admit it's starting to be clear it's more modern than I thought but still great armor. Wondering what was the purpose of making it in steel rather than brass? It would have been way easier and more closer to its antique counterparts.
Having been to the Philippines many times I feel that this was probably made in the same region (Mindanao) as the originals. Probably made by someone who has some knowledge of the local use of these armors, consider it to be a homage to something from the past.

Most Philippine citizens that I have met would have little to no knowledge of Philippine armor unless it was part of their personal culture. I do not think this was an attempt to fool anyone or the materials would have been different. They used whatever materials were available to them and brass was not readily available. I myself have had problems finding things in the Philippines that I could easily find from multiple sources were I live.
estcrh is offline   Reply With Quote