Thread: Afghan Pistol
View Single Post
Old 21st June 2015, 11:32 PM   #5
rickystl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubur
Hi Guys,
Impossible to find a good thread on the Afghan pistols.
I know that they are quite common, but I don't think that's fair to ignore them. They are nice guns like the Jezails... I post one recently sold, do you have any of these?
Kubur
Hi Kubur.
No, I don't have an original Afghan decorated East India type pistol, but wish I did. It's one of the few guns I don't have. And I've never seen one come up for sale that wasn't a Tourist item, or a Kyber Pass replica as mentioned above. I would even like to have a good Kyber Pass replica that I could re-work into a shooter. Like the first one posted above. Some comments on both pistols above:
First Pistol: Note that both the trigger and trigger guard are unfinished brass castings that are not polished out and still show their casting seams. Also from the photo of the muzzle end, the barrel looks like a piece of thick pipe with the edges crudely filed smooth. Not made like a tapered gun barrel. Still, a nice Kyber made replica. Wish I had seen it.
Second Pistol: Again, the crude trigger and unfinished trigger guard. Note also the hammer, frizzen, and frizzen spring attached with nails/pins versus screws.
Rick.
rickystl is offline   Reply With Quote