View Single Post
Old 14th February 2006, 09:07 AM   #56
Titus Pullo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Davis
Hi all
Well actually this is my oldest piece. That is, the first serious weapon I bought and still one of my favourites and not seen on this forum or anywhere else too often.
A Dha with a clipped 2 blade I think we called it.
Did put it in about 2 years ago but nice to rephoto it, give it a polish and show it again. Awsome bit of blade construction in my opinion but the photos dont really show the changes in width and angles too well. Take my word for it then. Its good
Cheers
Andy
It's very crude, but very affective weapons, nonetheless! I read that the Thais, and other Tai speaking people, which include the Laotion, Shan, and some group living in southern China and Vietnam, are originally from the Southern Southeast Asia and the Islands around there. It is believe the ancestors of the Tai people are very much like the Daic people, who actually might be the more ancient group of Tai speaking people; they live on Borneo, Northern Phillipines, and other parts the South. They then reimmigrated back to the mainland Asia and then spread southward into Southeast Asia. There is a smiliarity between the Tai and Daic people's language. Also, If you look at the way these people fight, they also like to fight with machetes, which ofcourse are similar to the Thai and Shan machete like swords.

"No guts...no glory!"

Last edited by Titus Pullo; 14th February 2006 at 11:26 AM.
Titus Pullo is offline   Reply With Quote