View Single Post
Old 12th February 2023, 01:40 PM   #17
milandro

Quote:
Originally Posted by milandro View Post
I have got in a deal one straight Tjakit which has been certainly made by the same maker , the hilt is exactly the same and on the ( straight) sheath ( not open) there are the same " tribal" signs.

Though no doubt this is (like mine) a modern blade, the blade itself seems to have been made well and mine is very sharp indeed

Mine, currently for sale in the NL, so I won't show it here as long as the sale is up on a local classified ads page, looks very similar to this one found on David Atkinson's great source site . I am pretty confident that they come from the same maker

I am very curious of the process function of that small cylindrical piece of wood, which I think, is to secure the sheath to a belt but I am curios to HOW this precisely happens.

Mine has the same cylinder

The blade is really VERY sharp and although mine and these example shown here may be a modern production the quality far exceeds anything I have seen simply made to cater for the occasional tourist on a street market. The sword could be used in combat and as a utilitarian tool. It may not be hundreds of years old but it is a very good weapon nonetheless.
Attached Images

milandro is offline   Reply With Quote