Thread: For Kerislovers
View Single Post
Old 10th November 2005, 04:01 AM   #9
nechesh

Ki and Martin, thanks for the links. Even not knowing Dutch i managed to stumble my way into both data bases. The first link is interesting due to the fact that many are state keris. It is also interesting to note that except for the so called Wllem IV keris all the others weren't collected until the late 19th or early 20th centuries. It is a shame that the site isn't properly managed so that the photos open up at a higher resolution. I can see some of these are very nice keris, but the pixelation makes it very difficult to make much use of them for any serious study.
I'm afraid i found Martin's link even more dissapointing. These are some really bad photos. Most of what i viewed were fairly common piece, many in rust and disrepair, though i must admit i gave up after a few pages. Even so, most of the photos i saw show very bad angles that barely show the blade, some are actually out of focus and these pics also open up badly pixelated. You would think that major museums would domore professional work.
nechesh is offline   Reply With Quote