View Single Post
Old 16th December 2012, 01:21 PM   #4
Norman McCormick

Hi Gene,
Thanks for coming in on this, trawling the past threads I did note you had a certain penchant for these daggers. As far as the voids and inserts go I can only see a decorative element to these, far too far up the blade for 'poison' and why would you want to put poison on them anyway the blade profile is excellent as it is for thrusting to a depth that would be meaningful. My blade does not have a proper edge for 8.5 cms from the point and then it is perfectly sharp up to the point where it cuts in under the guard. Rather than a reinforced point per se I would surmise material has not been removed by sharpening that section thereby leaving it more robust for the obvious reasons, makes sense? I think these knives are meant to be both decorative and designed to be used much like the S.American Criollo (gaucho) knives. I really like the earlier one you have, quite a menacing beast. Thanks again for your interest.
My Regards,
Norman.

P.S. It would be interesting if those members who have one/some of these daggers to check out if theirs has an unsharpened point and to what extent up the blade it remains so.
Norman McCormick is offline   Reply With Quote