View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2012, 07:00 PM   #20
Indianajones

Hello all,

Apolaki; yes your blanket is indeed a Ifugao/ibaloi one, though am afraid I havent got good news for you concerning its age n authenticity.Firstly the blanket has a black, chemical dye and authentic ones have indigo blue. But can still be quite nice, decorative and can be used.

Joe; thanks also for allowing us to take a view along your collection (part). Havent had the time to make new ones of mi-own. Lots of Phil.items! Can I/we have a look at the domeshaped hat (first pic, glas display, topshelf, next2 brass helmet)? I might have a pic of a woman wearing it.
Your kalinga axe seemed to be puzzled with a bit; never thought of restoring it? (underneath the kalinga axe right one is a Apayao axe; knew that?)

Like your big wooden containers (Kankanai)! n more . . . . . Very nice collection! The big wooden 'skullhead' in light color might be a bit out of place there I think as actually it is an 'object' used in Mexico -I believe- where they stick many layers of glued paper on it, to dry> getting hard carton and to cut it off this: hence the cutline accross the middle. The carton figures are painted n used in festival. And d wood 'mall' is used to make yet another.

Til soon .
Indianajones is offline   Reply With Quote