View Single Post
Old 10th March 2018, 08:09 PM   #1
Jean

Default New kris book by Marco Noris (Sacred Snakes)

Dear friends,
I received my copy of the book from Marco and feel very enthusiastic about it and would like to compliment him for his excellent work.
Like for his previous book about kris hilts which he published few months ago, the quality of the collection is excellent and the pictures & binding of the book (hard cover) are exceptional.
He is showing an eclectic kris collection including both old pieces and contemporary ones of excellent quality, and his descriptions are accurate (he was helped by a famous Javanese kris expert). The collection is largely focused on Javanese krisses (mostly in Yogya scabbards), and the drawings from Empu Djeno are very useful and bring a slightly different perspective than the books "Keris Jawa" and "Dhapur". I have come across a number of dapur and pamor types which I did not know before.
In summary I feel very satisfied to have acquired this new book and would advise all the interested collectors to do the same!
You will find pictures of the book in the Kris Swap Forum section to which I could not access for replying
Congratulations again to Marco and best regards
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote