View Single Post
Old 30th October 2019, 12:46 PM   #11
RAMBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahnjar1
I have commented on the Forum re GSP in the past, and nothing changes IMHO. I have had correspondence with Ebay themselves with no result. My comment has always been that GSP is both SLOW and EXPENSIVE compared with regular mail.
If from the USA request USPS or from the UK either Parcelforce or Royal Mail Signed for. From France Colissimo is the best IMHO.
If the seller insists on using GSP I will not buy from him.
Bottom line is read the shipping terms on the auction page, and unless the shipping/postage method is clearly stated by the seller, then ask the question as to what he /she uses. It costs nothing to ask a question and in the end can save one much heartache and unnecessary $$$.
Stu
I thought Royal Mail as stated by seller in description and reconfirmed in message - misunderstanding - domestic to GSP. It was late at night and I just committed to "buy it now" paid automatically and went to bed. I did not note GSP until shipped. My mistake. lesson don't use this service ever and don't buy late at night when tired. If I had just bid and waited the 7 days I would have probably not made the oversight. But these are my thing and the BIN price was fair.

Last edited by RAMBA; 30th October 2019 at 01:03 PM.
RAMBA is offline   Reply With Quote