View Single Post
Old 28th January 2019, 12:20 PM   #21
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster
Ibrahiim,

Thanks for posting these two great links. The Graham article may have unlocked the mystery of the silver grip govers in my Kaskara Silver Dress essay!! The Star & Comet motif may be explained in the Dotted Cross and Stars within the Seven Seals. Likewise, the Squares could be an interpretation of the Dotted Cross as well. This may be a stretch, but so far it's the best explanation available. I'll revise the essay to include this speculation.

William,

The Sotheby's image of an Ali Dinar sword (c.1916) from shows magic squares on the blade.

(Help. I cannot attach images (Figs. 10a, 8 & 1) from the Kaskara Silver Dress essay) to this reply. The Manage Attachments button does not open.)

Ed

ESSAY HERE

Hello William.. Indeed interesting as the 4 and 5 dotted cross are applied to the hilt. the budu square is excellent and clearly placed. I note the square is placed above and left of the main cartouche and this seems standard. It is interesting that the letters are related to a numerical progression which I think was first indicated after magic squares were transmitted to the Arabs from the Chinese and then relayed in the other direction back to China later.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote