View Single Post
Old 27th July 2011, 01:12 PM   #24
Gavin Nugent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1356
Gav,
you have been very helpfull and I am very appreciative of that. I do have to do alot of researching to find out more about this certain peice. I think I might have to cough up the money for this one book Islamic Arm and Armour, from what i read it seems to be the source for all these things. And I should continue researching and expanding my limited knowledge. On that all steal sword, I have to see who has it and if I can have it. But there is a much better one I have inherited and as soon as i recieve it I'll post pictures, this one has better history
As far as the symbol, I see that the seljuq one is a double headed eagle, pretty close but not the same. I'll keep looking.

AJ,

The books Islamic Arms and Armour is a very fine and detailed book. If you find you want extracts from it let me know and I'll scan them for you until you can source your own copy.
I look forward to images of your upcoming swords too.

With regards to the Seljuq motif I was thinking off, I took the time tonight to check my references and found that what I was thinking of is not an exact match but only shares loose similarities and can not be considered conclusive but is the closest that comes to my mind; See the image below.

Gav
Attached Images

Gavin Nugent is offline   Reply With Quote